Saturday, May 7, 2011

Just Right

 I am sitting at the park, watching my 3 youngest kids play.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
We've done this countless times.
And yet...
Today...
Something is different.
The birds harmony sounds just right.
The sun feels not too hot, not too cold, but just right.
The breeze is not too fast, not too slow, but just right.
And watching the kids unabashed joy at their first post-winter-hybernation outing feels...
...just...
right.

And once again, I am reminded
that I love my Job.
I love the fact that we can drive by a park,
and decide to stop on the spur of the moment.
No preplanned play date
No coats packed
No snacks
No water
No Sunscreen (shhh, don't tell my dear derm hubby!)
No spare diapers.
Just a mom, and her kids.
Soaking in the moment.

Don't get me wrong... you won't see "Family Fun" magazine showing up to take a cover shot of my backwards shirt-wearing, snot dribbling son.

And I don't care.

Just sitting here, watching them, I am trying to etch into my brain
the giggles
the squeals
the happiness

Of unscheduled
Unstructured
Unphotographable
Mommyhood moments.

That make some of the more mundane moments of muck a bit more manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment